Sunday, October 19, 2008

Burned or Buried?

SO i was standing around at work the other day, not because I'm lazy but there was absolutely nothing to do, and the most absurd conversation started among my co workers. I walked into the server station a little sad that my zone was STILL empty with no tables to wait on, and they were talking about what they wanted done with their bodies when they died. One lady wanted to be cremated so her ashes could be sprinkled off the empire state building. This puzzeled me a bit but maybe shes always wanted to go bungie jumping and doesn't have the guts while shes alive??? Maybe New York is the place she loves the most and wants to creep into subway, get crushed into the sidewalk, and freak a whole bunch of people out in the process. One can not be sure but those are only two possibilities I've thought of, maybe you can think of a more logical reason.

Another girl wanted to be cremated and planted directly under a tree so she could grow into the tree and be a part of it. Yet another girl agreed that she wanted to be cremated. They all agreed that they didn't want to be stuck in a box because it freaked them out. What really confused me was that when they would be put in the box and buried they would be dead...so it wouldn't freak them out...because they would be DEAD. Its like they have these weird beliefs that they really aren't going to die but be reincarnated in a tree or a sidewalk or a coffin. Or they don't really understand the concept of being dead.

I had nothing to contribute to this converstaion because honestly I've never thought about it. At first I thought I was weird or something because everyone of my co-workers had it all planned out and I am completely unprepared for my death. But the more I thought about it the more I realized that I'm not weird. When I think about death I think about no more crying, I think about streets of gold lined with mansions, I think about singing with the angels to my Lord and Savior FOREVER AND EVER!!! It doesn't matter what is done to my body because I'm going to be in heaven. I love the fact that nothing in this world can get me down. If the stock market crashes, If terrorists take over our naiton, if ants take over the world like my 12th grade science teacher predicted (seriously), It doesn't matter because when its all over I'm gonna be with Jesus forever. I just have to endure this life for a little while. My Dad talked about that in his sermon today and it completely went a long with what I've been thinking about.

Burn me, Bury me, do whatever you want my only cry is

"Come quickly Lord Jesus!" I know I say that a lot but the more I live in this world the more that is my hearts desire.

2 comments:

Naomi Elle Schwartz said...

I came really close to crying when I read this, just thinking about the wonderful thing that death is to us as believers!!... come quickly, Lord Jesus!

AtypicalPW said...

I look at burial from a more practical perspective. Therefore I told my hubby just to throw me in the garden and let me be next year's fertilizer. Since some people think I'm full of it, I figure I could be pretty useful in this way! :-)