Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Short n' Sweet

I found myself completely distracted today from school, lectures, homework, conversations, and even EATING(which is rare) because of so many different things going on in my life right now. Theres so much to be done, so many people to pray for, things in my life that need to change, so many disfunctional people and situations, and I'm at a loss as to how to even attempt to fix or at least bandage them. These thoughts left me perplexed, confused, sad, upset, and angry to the point of loss of breath. My heart was beating so fast I thought it was gonna burst outta my chest and run off without me! Since I inherited certain traits from my mother, such as being able to read my feelings by the looks on my face lol, my wonderful roomate could see my distress and sent me this lovely text message:

"Think about how awesome God is."

And I did.

Its amazing how one little simple sentence can clear the mind, slow down the heart, open up my lungs, and give me a peace. So I encourage you today, whether it was a good day or a not so good day, just think about how awesome God is and praise Him for it. =)

that was longer than I thought it would be...lol i think I inherited that from my mother as well ;)

2 comments:

AtypicalPW said...

Thanks, I needed that! How's that for brevity???

specialkae said...

lol AND its yet another thing we have in common